Sunday 24 August 2014

Chocolate raspberry brownies...

Courtesy of Shaheen at Allotment2Kitchen

This is recipe enticed me as firstly it looked yummy, secondly, we had guests coming round and thirdly, I have lots of raspberries. I didn't have a full bar of dark chocolate so used up some ends of different bars, 85%, 70% and dark chocolate with espresso that gave it an interesting extra twist.
Choc and frozen rasps

I did accidentally use the wrong sugar (granulated instead of caster) and also used frozen raspberries that I didn't have the patience to defrost properly. This meant that the top took longer to cook and so the bottom was a bit over cooked.
Before cooking
Seemed to go down well with our guests anyway and we had second helpings with ice cream (which was handy as I needed freezer space for homemade tomato sauce base).
After cooking! You can see the granules of sugar...this wouldn't have happened if I'd used caster
So maybe if I do it again I'll either defrost the rasps properly or mix them in throughout? I'm not very good at experimenting with sweets, better to follow the excellent recipe! Savoury food I'm a bit better at going off-piste. Anyway thank you Shaheen for a great recipe. We went out for a trip into the countryside today and the last couple of bits went down a treat.

Linking to August's bookmarked recipes at Tinned Tomatoes


5 comments:

  1. Oh thank you so much. I am so pleased you liked them and made the most of what you had at home frozen berries and mix of chocolates. I've updated my blog post to share with readers your variation.
    Why not link up with Bookmarked Recipes http://www.tinnedtomatoes.com/2014/08/vegetarian-recipes-to-try-bookmarked.html#.U_sRJPldV8F and Waste Food Challenge http://idmuchratherbakethan.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/no-waste-food-challenge-august-14.html
    to share your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks! Yep, will share on those sites, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what I have in the oven right now? Like you I used granulated sugar as we don't have castor sugar here and I was, quite frankly, too lazy to run the sugar through the food processor. Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The combination of chocolate and raspberries is such a good one. Thanks for entering your brownies in Bookmarked Recipes. The roundup is now live.

    ReplyDelete